Friday, March 6, 2009

Web Profile in Visual Studio Web Projects

Recently I had a need to implement Memberships, Roles, and Profiles on my web project. After going to several websites and blogs, I was finally able to setup the Membership and Roles without much problem. Then came along the Profiles. I found the post “Profiles in ASP.NET” by Scott on how to setup Profiles. It looked quiet easy. Just a few lines in the web.config and I should be ready to go. So, I went along and set-it-up. According to the article, a class called Profile should be automatically generated. After dozens of searched in Google, I finally found out what the problem was.

It appears that automatic profile creation only works for ASP.NET web sites (not web projects). Now, mine was a web project. I searched several websites but couldn’t find a way to implement profiles in a web projects.

Then at last, I came across Web Profile Builder. A detailed usage instruction is available at Joe Wrobel’s blog. This profile builder is compatible with both Visual Studio 2005 & Visual Studio 2008.

Technorati Tags: ,,

del.icio.us Tags: ,,

No comments:

Post a Comment