Sunday, March 1, 2009

Changing Namespace of Typed Data Set

Last day, I spent half my day searching for a way to change the Namespace of a generated typed dataset class. Although there was no strict requirement for the same, still it would be nice to have a clean namespace for the generated classes. After searching a lot, I came up with various solutions. But none of them seemed to solve my problem. After a lot of pondering with the various properties of the file, I came up with the very simple solution.

imageSimply right-click the DataSet file and choose Property (or press F4) and from the Properties box, type the namespace in the "Custom Tool Namespace" field.

Thats it. Such a simple solution. Anyway, I dont believe many people need to change the namespace of the typed dataset, as it automatically generates namespace based on the folder structure.

Technorati Tags: ,

del.icio.us Tags: ,

No comments:

Post a Comment